FinWise Bank BSA/AML Compliance Risk Manager reports to the BSA Officer and provides advisory and consultative services to potential and existing FinWise Strategic Partner relationships in the areas of Know Your Customer (KYC), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and other related compliance areas. This position also governs the BSA operational functions at the FinWise Strategic Partners such as the referral of unusual activity.
- Liaison between FinWise and the Bank’s Strategic Platforms to ensure operational compliance and consistency of Internal Controls
- Maintain and govern operational processes related to CIP, CDD, Transaction Monitoring (TM), and unusual activity referrals from various lines of business.
- Communicate regularly and obtain data from FinWise’s Strategic Partners.
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including inherent product risk assessments, control design performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, quality review and partner management
- Assist in conducting risk assessments for FinWise and each Strategic Partner
- Assess potential Strategic Partner’s BSA/AML/OFAC control design as part of the Bank’s onboarding due diligence process
- Meet or exceed targeted review timeframes
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with current and proposed Strategic Partners and work effectively with Bank’s due diligence and implementation management and staff at all levels
- Work closely with Compliance Managers and other Strategic Partner oversight functions to promptly identify and resolve potential current and new partner problems or issues
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with partners and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor Bank personnel, current, and potential partner personnel on all aspects of BSA/AML Compliance.
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
Required Education / Experience / License:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Criminal Justice, or related field, and/or 5+ years of related work experience in a similar BSA/AML Due Diligence practice or function servicing cross-industry products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Examination experience or knowledge with one or more of the following agencies (FRB, OCC, FDIC or FinCEN)
- Solid knowledge of AML and OFAC regulations
- Extensive experience working with and providing advice on KYC / AML and OFAC Sanctions programs
- Solid knowledge of 3 lines of defense
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
Preferred Education /Experience / License:
- CAMS, CAMS-Audit, CRCM or ACFCS certification.
- 7+ years of related work experience in a similar BSA/AML Due Diligence practice or function servicing cross-industry products.
- Prior managerial experience
- Has solid hands-on experience working in three or more of the following areas:
- SAR QA and approval
- OFAC and 314a screening
- AML and OFAC risk assessments
- Customer risk rating model development
- Transaction model and OFAC filter model risk assessments
- Process improvement initiatives (KYC, FIU)
- Policy & procedure development
- Alert clearing and investigations
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time and look at a computer screen for several hours a day
- Work at an assigned FinWise office location
- Communicate with others in person, on the phone, virtual meeting and email
- Maintain confidentiality
- Lift 20 lbs.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Work overtime as assigned
- Travel overnight as required
- Work cooperatively with others
- Driving during the workday
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Background check are required on all bank employees due to accessibility of Personally Identifiable Private Information.
FinWise is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.
FinWise provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at (801) 545 – 6050.
Qualified applicants with criminal history and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.