FinWise Bank’s Risk Management Division works with business units across the Bank to ensure the safety and soundness of the Bank. The BSA Analyst reports to the BSA Manager This position assists the Bank in managing the Bank’s AML/BSA/OFAC Program through monitoring and ongoing due diligence.
- Update CMPI log and review forms that were completed by the business, as needed
- Review Unusual Activity Referral Forms (“UARFs”) that were submitted by Strategic Partners (“SPs”) and internally. Complete an investigation and determine if SAR filing is warranted, as need
- Review daily reports and forms submitted to the BSA email. Determine if CTR filing is warranted, as needed
- Complete required EDD reviews as part of ongoing DD requirements (Customers risk rated as moderate or higher), as needed
- Complete required CDD reviews as part of ongoing DD requirements (every bank customer), as needed
- Review CMPI reports to determine if customers are intentionally staying under the threshold, as needed
- Process all UARFs from SPs and the Bank to do an investigation to determine if suspicious activity is present requiring a SAR filing with FinCEN, as needed
- Review new accounts to ensure all CIP elements were collected as expected in the onboarding process, as needed
- Review reports that were developed as an alerting system for monitoring cash activity, check kiting, and potential transactional fraud (KYC), as needed
- Work with Risk Management resources relating to BSA controls.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be discreet with employee and customer information
- Thorough knowledge of banking
- Ability to create clear and concise policies, procedures and instructions
- Excellent computer knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively both in person and over the phone
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze situations fully and accurately and reach productive decisions
- Honesty and integrity, ability to make the right decision when faced with an ethical dilemma
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize bank systems and programs
- Understand government regulations with emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act and related regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to be used in operational evaluation and interpretation of compliance information
- Broad thinker with ability to drive execution and achieve results
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Independent; able to tackle tasks on your own or within a group environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and motivated/self-starter
- Strong investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- Demonstrated transaction analysis skills that apply across numerous financial products in complex scenarios
Required Education / Experience / License:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Familiarity with relevant BSA/AML laws and regulations as well as industry best practices
- Experience in BSA/AML or Fraud related work in banking or financial services, or BSA related certification.
Preferred Education /Experience / License:
- BA/BS or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years’ experience within the banking or financial services industry
- 1+ years’ experience directly with BSA/AML/OFAC preferred but not required
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time and look at a computer screen for several hours a day
- Work at an assigned FinWise office location
- Communicate with others in person, on the phone, virtual meeting and email
- Maintain confidentiality
- Lift 20 lbs.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Work overtime as assigned
- Work cooperatively with others
- Driving during the workday
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Background check are required on all bank employees due to accessibility of Personally Identifiable Private Information.
FinWise is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.
FinWise provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at (801) 545 – 6050.
Qualified applicants with criminal history and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.