The Business Data Analyst will play an integral role in delivering reporting and analytics to support FinWise Bank’s direction and vision. The ideal candidate will have data analyst experience and will be working with the growing Data Team to meet the company’s reporting needs. The candidate must be analytical and adept at working in team environment. The ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and effectively partner with stakeholders to understand and identify data to help drive the business forward and meet the strategic goals and vision of the company.
- Deliver clean and accurate data and reporting of bank and partner operations.
- Develop and support reports and associated views, tables, stored procedures, dashboards, data mining, and predictive analytics.
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Research and develop techniques, procedures, and tools for more efficient use of resources on the data team.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend further reporting value, efficiencies, and data driven initiatives.
- Ensure Data Quality by identifying inaccurate, duplicate, or anomalous data.
- Provide technical support and train users to properly access data and use reporting and analytics tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate ability to complete objectives without high levels of supervision.
- Ability to communicate and interface directly with the technical and non-technical team and users effectively
- Ability to provide Data Visualization and experience building and delivering presentations to leadership.
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL, TSQL, R or Python Statistical Programing
- Ability to quickly learn and understand business process and related data needs to provide accurate reporting and analytics.
Required Education / Experience / License:
- 4+ years of technical experience in relational database theory and BI.
- Experience with: In depth Microsoft SQL & TSQL, stored procedures, dimensional modeling, and reporting.
- Experience with: Reporting and Analytics Tools (Tableau, Business Objects, Domo, Etc.)
- Demonstrated data modeling, visualization, and analysis skills.
- Strong demonstrated problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
Preferred Education /Experience / License:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, finance or equivalent recent experience.
- Machine Learning
- Working Knowledge of Data Vault 2.0.
- Familiarity with financial and managerial reporting needs.
- One more years of related experience preferably within a financial institution.
Background check are required on all bank employees due to accessibility of Personally Identifiable Private Information.
FinWise is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.
FinWise provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at (801) 545 – 6050.
Qualified applicants with criminal history and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.