The Compliance Intern reports to an AVP of Compliance Testing. The compliance testing function generally refers to compliance testing of the Bank’s business lines, including its Strategic Partners (“SPs”). This function supports the Bank’s Compliance Management System (“CMS”) and the compliance testing team to ensure effective oversight and controls of all business lines and SP Programs.
- Preliminary review of monitoring and testing documents, forms, and reports.
- Administrative support, such as establishing and tracking deadlines, referring past due items to management for escalation, etc.
- Prepare and assemble periodic compliance reporting, including dashboard reports for management and the Board of Directors.
- Act as liaison between compliance personnel and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Reconciliation of compliance data, including training data, monitoring and testing data, and data within the Bank’s system of record.
- Retrieving, organizing, and distributing testing data and documentation.
- Maintain project-organization tool.
- Perform compliance testing, as assigned.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of documentation and reports to ensure Bank requests are satisfied.
- Organizing and standardizing documentation (soft copies).
- Listen to and transcribe customer calls.
- Assist with special research projects.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Complete annual regulatory compliance training assignments by their respective due dates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze, manage and resolve complex issues with attention to detail.
- Ability to catch on to new concepts and learn quickly.
- Must have good people-management and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team or individually.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and legal documents.
- Assertive self-starter, with exceptional verbal and written skills, organized and able to work independently.
- Must be able to appropriately prioritize time, manage multiple tasks and work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates high integrity and excellent judgment.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Aptitude to learn new programs and complex systems.
Required Education / Experience / License:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field; or equivalent related experience.
Preferred Education /Experience / License:
- Experience working in a bank or other financial institution.
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time and look at a computer screen for several hours a day.
- Work at an assigned FinWise office location.
- Communicate with others in person, on the phone, virtual meeting, and email.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Lift 20 lbs.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Travel overnight as required.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Driving during the workday.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.