The Credit Analyst is responsible for the completion of various complex written commercial loan analysis, providing underwriting expertise that delivers high quality standards, exceptional customer experiences, and complies with applicable regulatory requirements. May request specified information for loan application. Assembles information required by FinWise Bank. Develops understanding of commercial lending and SBA Program rules and procedures. Promotes FinWise Bank’s services to current and potential customers. The Credit supports bank-wide portfolio monitoring and reporting activities, including those associated with the US Small Business Administration (SBA). The Credit supports the Bank’s credit policies, procedures, and processes, ensuring appropriate management of the risks inherent in all of the Bank’s credit exposures including loan portfolios, correspondent banks, repo and reverse repo relationships, counterparty risk, off balance sheet risks, credit commitments and any other asset or relationship that exposes the Bank to credit risk. The Credit provides guidance, training, and oversight to junior staff and assists in recruiting activities. Individual in this job title reports to the Chief Credit Officer.
- Manages a pipeline of loan application submissions including complete application and supporting document submission, relevant third-party due diligence (UCC searches and reviews, appraisal and environmental reports, judgment and lien searches, etc).
- Identifies proper loan structures to meet the bank’s and applicant’s needs while complying with regulatory requirements.
- Underwrites complex loan transactions for new and existing borrowers.
- Compiles data and interprets outcomes of analysis.
- Presents loan requests to bank loan committee in a clear and thoughtful manner and offers appropriate recommendations
- Provides clients with an exceptional experience while maintaining high quality.
- Develops expertise in the use of FinWise Bank loan systems.
- Supports portfolio management functions as applicable in annual reviews.
- Submits complete loan applications to US SBA, interacts with SBA personnel in a professional manner throughout the process, and responds to requested screenout requests
- Ensures a smooth transfer of the customer to the Loan Closing Coordinator for the closing and funding of the loan.
- Supports the monitoring and assists in actively managing the Bank’s overall credit risk and analysis functions across loan portfolio asset classes, including as applicable:
- Stress testing reports
- Watchlist and Classified assets list
- Concentration report
- Loan grading report
- ALLL monitoring and provision recommendation
- Charge off, write-down and recovery management
- Supports and assists in developing and implementing appropriate credit policies and procedures.
- Assists in implementing and monitoring appropriate controls.
- Examines files periodically for assurance of credit and collateral documentation and credit policy conformance.
- Ensures maintenance of, and recommends and initiates enhancements to, the bank credit standards through communication with senior management
- Supports, communicates, and lives the Bank’s values.
- Behaves in a manner conducive both within and outside the Bank.
- Communicates strategic goals and priorities to the credit department and throughout Bank.
- Works to recognize and take advantage of opportunities and develop solutions to challenges.
- Supports other departments as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skills in sound credit underwriting
- Knowledge of economic conditions, changes and trends in customers’ businesses, the banking industry and the specific market niches targeted by the bank.
- Knowledge of Small Business Administration (SBA) requirements
- Thorough knowledge and skill in using required software systems, Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Skill in attention to detail
- Knowledge of bank lending policies, procedures and criteria
- Ability to make decisions and exercise discretion
Required Education / Experience / License:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Preferred Education /Experience / License:
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in commercial or consumer loan underwriting
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business field, or equivalent work experience
- Incumbent must be able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge of SBA and federal rules and regulations, as well as prudent commercial lending practices
- Proficient in using Word and Excel
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time and look at a computer screen for several hours a day
- Work at an assigned FinWise office location
- Communicate with others in person, on the phone, virtual meeting and email
- Maintain confidentiality
- Lift 20 lbs.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Work overtime as assigned
- Travel overnight as required
- Work cooperatively with others
- Driving during the workday
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Background check are required on all bank employees due to accessibility of Personally Identifiable Private Information.
FinWise is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.
FinWise provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at (801) 545 – 6050.
Qualified applicants with criminal history and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.