The Customer & Operations Support Representative (COSR) serves as part of the FinWise Bank Operations Support Team. The COSR assists customers and strategic partners with their banking needs and strives to deliver the best possible experience. The COSR answers questions via incoming calls, processes mail requests, resolves concerns, troubleshoots online banking issues, and follows up as necessary. The COSR Team will perform operations support tasks that support all lines of business. The COSR reports to the Director of Operations Support.
- Provide first call resolution whenever possible utilizing the tools available.
- Respond to incoming customer inquiries via phone and written correspondence such as account balances and interest rates and fees.
- Record customer information for all calls and correspondence in the customer service database.
- Successfully complete regular trainings on compliance, policies, products and services.
- Consistently resolve problems or discrepancies concerning customers’ accounts.
- Answer questions regarding account types and banking products, such as CDs, Money Market Accounts, Loans, Credit/Debit Cards, and credit bureau inquiries.
- Troubleshoot online and mobile banking inquiries including browser and operating system issues.
- Actively engage customers in conversations about their financial needs and goals to match them with products or services that may benefit them.
- Resolve credit inquiry disputes, debit card claims, and bill pay claims.
- Actively monitor customer accounts and access using anomaly detection tools.
- Assist customers with replacing lost or stolen credit or debit cards.
- Assist with address changes.
- Assist banking customers who are victims of fraud, theft or identity theft.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to resolve customer issues in accordance with the company’s customer service policies and procedures
- Must understand principles and processes for providing customer services.
- Knowledge and understanding of banking technologies, products, and regulations
- Must have active listening skills
- Skill in coordinating with others
- Requires strong skills in attention to detail and the ability to thoroughly complete work tasks
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Skill to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person
Required Education / Experience / License:
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of hire
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
- Ability to perform manual processes to support handling of mail
- Ability to receive and make phone calls during entire shift utilizing headset and other required equipment
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Preferred Education /Experience / License:
- One year or more of general customer service experience
- At least a high school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Background check are required on all bank employees due to accessibility of Personally Identifiable Private Information
Ability to drive to Branch Bank location in Sandy as needed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 6pm. 8 hours a day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
FinWise is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.
FinWise provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at (801) 545 – 6050.
Qualified applicants with criminal history and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.