- As a Security Analyst, you will work to promote information security standards, controls, and best practices. In an effort to monitor security measures for the protection of computing networks and data delivery systems.
- Review all Information Security bank polices to ensure they meet regulatory requirements
- Update existing Information Security plans, programs, department procedures as applicable through redline documents and provide to ISO for approval
- Complete IS Risk assessments by potentially utilizing a pre-existing risk assessment template. If a template does not exist, the Information Security Analyst will be responsible for developing one.
- Act as an advisory to Risk Managers who will be assessing various risks that may have an underlying IS risk.
- The Information Security Analyst will work with the technology department to assess and document mitigating controls and the Impact and Likelihood of each IS/IT risk to the Bank.
- Review applicable metrics such as policies, procedures, audit reports, or other documents to quantify how well the risks are being mitigated
- On a risk-based schedule review IS/IT risk assessment and update impact, likelihood, and mitigating controls accordingly. Test effectiveness of technical controls, including phishing testing and social engineering test results.
- Provide feedback to ISO on meeting control requirements or enhancing current controls
- Review publications to stay aware of emerging IS risks and regulatory changes in banking
- Review SOC reports as guided by the ISO and following identified procedures
- Create a SOC control matrix by reviewing user entity control considerations (UECC’s) with the business unit, identifying control applicability, and the responsible party for each control.
- Review phishing training reports to assess staff risk exposure.
- Complete reviews of Bank systems by auditing the users, their role and system permissions assigned to the user.
- The business owner decides who is granted access and at what level based on the principle of least required access to perform job function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Should have an associate degree in a technology track working toward a Bachelors.
- Solid business presentation skills.
- Articulates technical concepts clearly.
- Extensive knowledge of network protocols and systems must be demonstrable.
- Excellent communication skills for interacting with and providing information is required.
- Familiar with wireless, wired, and remote access infrastructure an IP fundamental.
- Understanding of system administration including Linux, Mac and Windows.
- Previous work implementing end user environments and maintaining standards
- Attention to detail will be important, as will self-motivation
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Technical analysis skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Understand SOC reviews, security frameworks and security control best practices.
Required Education / Experience / License:
- Associate in a Technology track (MIS, Com Sci, etc.) working toward a Bachelors.
Preferred Education /Experience / License:
- Salaried experience with network monitoring tools
- Salaried experience in IT support
Knowledge of coding or scripting a plus
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time and look at a computer screen for several hours a day
- Work at an assigned FinWise office location
- Communicate with others in person, on the phone, virtual meeting and email
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Travel overnight as required
- Work cooperatively with others
- Driving during the workday, as needed
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Background check are required on all bank employees due to accessibility of Personally Identifiable Private Information.
FinWise is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.
FinWise provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at (801) 545 – 6050.
Qualified applicants with criminal history and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.