The Operations Coordinator serves as both a program manager for various operations functions within the Bank and a systems analyst. As the operations program manager, this role may oversee the bank’s Vendor Management Program, Bank’s Complaint Management Program and other operations programs as assigned. As the Bank has multiple Operations Coordinators, each individual will serve as the primary program manager for some operations programs and a back up program manager for others.
As the systems analyst in operations, this role serves as the key business owner for the Bank’s systems and applications. The individual must understand the business use of each operations system, document system controls, enforce bank policy when changing system parameters, and assist in the implementation of system changes. While the Bank’s IT department will serve as the primary system administrator for user administration, this individual will serve as the system business owner and system control administrator for each operations system. As the Bank has multiple Operations Coordinators, each individual will systems where they serve as the primary systems analyst and programs where they serve as a back up systems analyst.
Must be able to communicate effectively and be able to grasp fundamentals of new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Assist operations managers in the day-to-day coordination and management of business operational activities
- Monitor, control, and manage business operations to meet customer expectations and company goals
- May oversee and coordinate the Bank’s Vendor Management Program
- Onboard new vendors in accordance with program requirements
- Perform annual reviews of vendors
- Negotiate procurement and manage vendor contracts
- May oversee and coordinate the Bank’s Complaint Management Program
- Record, resolve, and report bank complaints
- Coordinate efforts of all bank departments & bank partners to resolve issues with bank customers
- Ensure complaints are resolved in a compliant manner
- Coordinate internal and external audits of operations functions as requested
- Serve as the business owner for key operations systems (such as Decision Lender 4, BMA, DocuSign, Online Banking, etc.)
- Confirm operations systems parameters are aligned with bank policies and procedures
- Ensure that all bank system parameter changes are properly documented, tested and approved
- Create internal test plans for changes to operations systems
- Coordinate the internal training of operational system users for on-going changes
- Coordinate the efforts of vendor, bank IT and bank Operations resources to resolve operation systems issues
- Serve as an operations resource on many bank initiatives and projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to oversee program management for things like vendor management, complaints management, etc.
- Operational risk assessments
- Manage individuals and teams, often without explicit authority
- Driven to get things done
- Detail-oriented but capable of seeing the big picture
- Able to think “outside the box”
- Project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a fast-growing, startup environment strongly preferred
Required Education / Experience / License:
- Five – Eight years of previous experience in various operations positions
- Three or more years of related program management experience preferably within a financial institution.
Preferred Education /Experience / License:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Operations Management, Information Systems or other related field, or equivalent work experience
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time and look at a computer screen for several hours a day
- Work at an assigned FinWise office location
- Communicate with others in person, on the phone, virtual meeting and email
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Work overtime as assigned
- Travel overnight as required
- Work cooperatively with others
- Driving during the workday
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Background check are required on all bank employees due to accessibility of Personally Identifiable Private Information.
FinWise is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.
FinWise provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at (801) 545 – 6050.
Qualified applicants with criminal history and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.