FinWise Bank is a commercial institution located in Murray, Utah that offers exceptional products in a manner that continually surpasses expectations. Risk Management is a vital part of the Bank’s structure and the Risk Division supports the Bank in these efforts. The Risk Manager is primarily responsible to evaluate enterprise risks to the Bank associated with various partnerships, products, and processes that the Bank is engaged in, and to advise the Bank’s business units of those risks, and how they may be mitigated. This role will also establish and maintain strong relationships across lines of business, as well as with management, to ensure all aspects of the risk management framework are delivered according to policy and business strategy. The Risk Manager constitutes a key component within a team of skilled, and engaged colleagues with a broad span of responsibilities, who will actively interact with individuals from various business units.
- Help to implement policies and procedures through regular reviews.
- Create and perform risk assessments utilizing established systems, processes, and frameworks to identify and assess risks across a variety of business lines, products, and components related to risk management.
- Regularly identify controls being utilized to mitigate risks across the Bank and add or update these controls within the control library and link them to identified risks within the risk assessments.
- Provide advisory support to business units within the Bank
- Assess and identify potential risks, process deficiencies and improvement opportunities and make recommendations for additional controls and corrective action to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of risk mitigation processes.
- Stay abreast of emerging risks applicable to the Bank and develop training materials, templates, or other guidance documents to support business units in their risk management activities.
- Perform data validation activities through a defined process including acceptance testing and ongoing monitoring of key data utilized by the Bank’s business units.
- Regular review and analysis of various reports to monitor risk exposures and concentrations
- Log issues identified through audits and exams and support the Bank’s business units in their efforts to address these items.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including across all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of policies and processes for risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage risk exposures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to be used in evaluating risks
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and material in a professional manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment to effectively meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel and other MS Office products
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving skills as well as flexibility and adaptability
- Knowledge of internal controls and risk assessments
- Excellent business writing skills
Required Education / Experience / License:
- BA/BS or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years’ experience within the banking or financial services industry in a risk management, audit or compliance capacity
Preferred Education /Experience / License:
- Work experience in risk management, audit, or compliance
- Risk management certifications
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time and look at a computer screen for several hours a day
- Work at an assigned FinWise office location
- Communicate with others in person, on the phone, virtual meeting and email
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Work overtime as assigned
- Travel overnight as required
- Work cooperatively with others
- Driving during the workday
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
FinWise is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.
FinWise provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at (801) 545 – 6050.
Qualified applicants with criminal history and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.