- SBA Loan Credit Analyst (“Analyst”) assists the Director-Portfolio Management and the Senior SBA Servicing Manager to ensure that SBA loans are reviewed, tracked, analyzed, and otherwise serviced and, in some cases, liquidated in accordance with FWB and SBA policies and procedures.
- Analyst is responsible for effective interaction and communication with existing customers and customers’ agents, such as insurance agents, CPAs, bookkeepers, and key employees.
- Request and obtain updated financial statements and tax returns from SBA Borrowers on at lease an annual basis.
- Spread Business Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
- Prepare and Submit Credit Reviews and Servicing Requests.
- Analyze MPL Data on a Bi-Weekly and as-needed basis.
- Monitor and Collect insurance certificates on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with FinWise and SBA insurance requirements.
- Prepare default letters / demand & acceleration letters for delinquent SBA Borrowers
- Assemble Guaranty Purchase Package for $350K and under (Small Loan Advantage or SLA Tabs) and $350+ (Herndon Tabs) for SBA 7(a) Borrowers.
- Preparing real property collateral release documents in CSC e-Recording
- Order Collateral Specialist Inc. (CSI) site visits
- General File and Loan Maintenance
- Prepping SBA loans for payoff:
- Notify 10 Day Colson Services in a timely manner.
- Prepare accurate payoff letter that includes all interest due under the terms of the Note (including the 21 calendar days’ if Borrower provides insufficient notice to FWB pre-payoff and the Subsidy Recoupment Fee for loans with 15-year and longer terms that payoff within the first three (3) years of the Note date).
- Providing Customer Service
- Facilitate setup of online account access for SBA Borrowers that request it
- Speak to Borrowers directly who contact FWB and then forward to the appropriate FWB staff member.
- Supports, communicates, and lives the Bank’s values.
- Behaves in a manner conducive with Bank management, both within and outside the Bank.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Communicates strategic goals and priorities to the credit department and throughout Bank.
- Works to recognize and take advantage of opportunities and develop solutions to challenges.
- Supports other departments as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic economic and accounting principles and practices, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
Required Education / Experience / License:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Preferred Education /Experience / License:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or similar degree
- Prior experience in lending or financial analysis, which could include prior internship
- Familiarity with SBA SOP 50 10 6 and SOP 50 57 2, or their successors
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time and look at a computer screen for several hours a day
- Maintain polite, calm and professional composure when dealing with customers, including customers who may be rude or difficult
- Work at an assigned FinWise office location or at remote or home office
- Communicate with others in person, on the phone, virtual meeting and email
- Maintain confidentiality
- Work overtime as assigned
- Work cooperatively with others
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Background check are required on all bank employees due to accessibility of Personally Identifiable Private Information.
FinWise is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.
FinWise provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at (801) 545 – 6050.
Qualified applicants with criminal history and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.