The Staff Accountant maintains financial reports, records, and general ledgers; reconciles and processes loans. Performs general bookkeeping for FinWise Bank. This job works under the supervision of the controller.
- Prepares accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals and logs
- Performs monthly bank settlements
- Regularly maintains detailed reconciliations of certain balance sheet accounts
- Provides detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
- Prepares documentation for external auditors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computers and familiarity with accounting software.
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple project simultaneously, establish proprieties and organize efficiently
- Ability to analyze figures
- Knowledge of accountant principles
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to use mathematics to solve problems
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
Required Education / Experience / License:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Preferred Education /Experience / License:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and one year or more of accounting experience.
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time and look at a computer screen for several hours a day
- Work at an assigned FinWise office location
- Communicate with others in person, on the phone, virtual meeting and email
- Maintain confidentiality
- Lift 20 lbs.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Work overtime as assigned
- Travel overnight as required
- Work cooperatively with others
- Driving during the workday
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Background check are required on all bank employees due to accessibility of Personally Identifiable Private Information.
FinWise is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.
FinWise provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at (801) 545 – 6050.
Qualified applicants with criminal history and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.