Systems Administrator is responsible for implementing and maintaining FinWise Bank’s IT/IS needs and effectively help manage IT resources. The right candidate will help oversee all the Bank’s complex IT infrastructure including the help desk, business and production systems with 24×7 uptime requirement, and troubleshooting of issues related to software, hardware, devices, servers, networks, etc. Considered individuals will have 5+ years’ experience in complex IT administration and IT Security in the financial industry, and should be intelligent, hardworking, with a proven track record of having excelled in this field. Only the highest-level individuals will be considered for this unique opportunity to join our fast-growing company.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, in both physical and virtual environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Provide direct support using exceptional customer service for the Bank’s employees, customers, partner’s and other vendors and consultants.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Analyze equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
- Train people in computer system use.
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Help oversee our infrastructure spanning 3 physical office locations, in addition to cloud based hosting environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of related hardware and software including server applications, networking environments, cloud environments, firewalls, and Internet applications.
- 5+ years’ working experience and knowledge of IT Security, risk management and compliance understanding in the financial industry.
- Experience with networks, server, and desktop support, network security and security products.
- Preferred experience with internet and mobile banking, and electronic bill payment systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with application, desktop, and server virtualization with expert troubleshooting and installation knowledge with Hyper-V and VMware.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization from end-user to senior management about both business and IT needs including translating business requirements into functional/technical specifications.
- Strong customer service experience required.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
Required Education / Experience / License:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Five or more years of related experience
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time and look at a computer screen for several hours a day
- Work at an assigned FinWise office location
- Communicate with others in person, on the phone, virtual meeting and email
- Maintain confidentiality
- Lift 20 lbs.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Work overtime as assigned
- Travel overnight as required
- Work cooperatively with others
- Driving during the workday
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Background check are required on all bank employees due to accessibility of Personally Identifiable Private Information.
FinWise is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.
FinWise provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at (801) 545 – 6050.
Qualified applicants with criminal history and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.